MSRP: $6,699 Monthly Payment*: $112
WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW
I had a Polaris 2 up (1997) and sold it and bought this. Love the ride and always starts right up. Nice sled for what I paid. Only problem I'm having is push button reverse works sometimes, and not others. Not because its not warmed up, as it happens in the middle of a ride. When it does this, I can't turn off ignition either. Also, when I turn key to left , it starts! Very weird and of course its off warranty, so I put up with it, monkey around until it works eventually.
After taking possesion of this machine I went to start it for the first time and the Choke Lever broke off. Got that fixed and had only 12 miles on it when it caught fire. Still waiting to hear what the cause of the fire was.
I would try another Ski-doo model but not this one.
Just got into sledding last year and wanted a dependable, fun to ride, good-looking sled that would hold its value well when it is time to move up. Well, this sled was so fun my first year I am in no rush to move up. It is extremely reliable, especially compared to OTHER sleds I've had friends riding that wouldn't start easily (GTX 550F starts first push of electric start every time); had problems putting into reverse (GTX 550F has no problems here AS LONG AS it is fully warmed up - then it may stall); handling (love the GTX 550F shocks and they are very adjustable); ergonomics (GTX 550F feels awesome even when riding hard and I am a fairly large, agressive, rider). My only complaint would be the gas mileage: is not that good. Yes, it is a two-stroke but it is very fond of gas. Oil consumption seems reasonable however. Overall, I am very impressed. Ski-Doo has made a fun, reliable, good-looking sled that will suit many people's needs as long as they either a) ride with gas stations not too far away or b) carry some extra gas with them on long weekend jaunts with no stations nearby.
Common Questions About the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F
- How big is the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F's engine?
- How much is the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- Has the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F won any awards?
- Does the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F get good gas mileage?
- How big is the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- How much does the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F weigh?
- How fast is the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- What is the cheapest price for a 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- What is the dealer cost/invoice price for a 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- Where can I find a Ski-Doo dealer in my area?
- What models compete with the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- Where can I view classifieds and search for a used Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- What makes the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F different from its competitors?
- Where can I find parts and accessories for the Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- Where can I find 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F videos?
- What are the current incentives, sales, or promotions for the 2009 Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F?
- How do I view a Ski-Doo GTX Fan 550F brochure?