The 2008 Piaggio BV 500 is a Touring Scooter Style Motorcycle equipped with an 460cc, Liquid Cooled, Single-Cylinder, SOHC, 4-Stroke Engine and a -40003--Speed Continuously Variable (CVT) Transmission.
It has a Telescopic Fork Front Suspension while the Rear Suspension consists of a Twin Sided Swing Arm. The BV 500 has Front Dual Disc Brakes and Rear Disc Brakes. The BV 500 weighs 436.5 lbs. and has -50014- inches of ground clearance.
The BV 500 was introduced in 2005 and is Carryover for 2008. It includes a 12 month Limited warranty.
MSRP: $6,299 Monthly Payment*: $105
WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW
I had a BV200 for 4 years and I told my wife that I wanted to upgrade the bike to a 500. I was blown out when she ask me not to trade the old one because she wanted it. that was amaizing, since she made fun of me when I first bought the bike. Now that I have a BV500 its true about the strong healthy road that the bike makes when you turn it on. I like riding the bike in the city due to the rush you get after that red light turns green and the bike just takes off under you. Usually at the next light somebody will ask me "how fast does it run?"...it never fails.
I've had my bv 500 for a week and I love it. It's sienna ivory, has a windshield and a top case, and I've already put over 300 miles on it. I've ridden it on lots of New England secondary roads--no interstates--and it does terrific on the curves and hills. It cruises at 60 just fine, and it looks great too. It's simple to drive, the headlight throws plenty of light--important on the back roads at night, and it gets well over 50 miles per gallon.
The dealer does not know the bike. I love the integrated brakes. The left hand brake works the one front and the rear. The rear has a pressure sensor so you do not lock up the rear brake.
Victory BMW/Vespa Chandler, AZ
Lot of added expense when purchasing..., almost $2000 ( dealer prep, delivery set up tax and license etc.). This represents A high percentage to purchase price...,higher than most cars??? The list on this vehicle is $6299, you do the numbers. No, I didn't pay that, but took my time and haggled the price down to something reasonable. It pays not to be too anxious or in a hurry.
25 years ago I rode a Yamaha XT 500 and I have 40,000 miles on 2 wheels. I never realized how well a monster scooter could ride! I am 250 lbs and I put it on the highway ( BV 500) and ran it up to 70 and it was so smooth! I now want to find other scooter riders and tour on it. I have heard the Suzuki Burgman 400 was a nice ride but it also has close to 6 less horsepower which is quite a lot of difference if you decide to ride 2 up. You also have a couple of options with the BV as far as weight is concerned. You can drop the weight of the muffler by 10 lbs and taking off the center stand for touring brings the weight down close to 400 lbs. The center of gravity is very low which is a plus. When in the city the Bv is so fast you find yourself pushing limits because it is so fun.
Common Questions About the 2008 Piaggio BV 500
- How big is the 2008 Piaggio BV 500's engine?
- How much is the 2008 Piaggio BV 500?
- Has the 2008 Piaggio BV 500 won any awards?
- Does the 2008 Piaggio BV 500 get good gas mileage?
- How big is the 2008 Piaggio BV 500?
- How much does the 2008 Piaggio BV 500 weigh?
- How fast is the 2008 Piaggio BV 500?
- What is the cheapest price for a 2008 Piaggio BV 500?
- What is the dealer cost/invoice price for a 2008 Piaggio BV 500?
- Where can I find a Piaggio dealer in my area?
- What models compete with the 2008 Piaggio BV 500?
- Where can I view classifieds and search for a used Piaggio BV 500?
- What makes the 2008 Piaggio BV 500 different from its competitors?
- Where can I find parts and accessories for the Piaggio BV 500?
- Where can I find 2008 Piaggio BV 500 videos?
- What are the current incentives, sales, or promotions for the 2008 Piaggio BV 500?
- How do I view a Piaggio BV 500 brochure?