The 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E. is a Touring Scooter Style Motorcycle equipped with an 460cc, Liquid Cooled, Single-Cylinder, SOHC, 4-Stroke Engine and a -40003--Speed Continuously Variable (CVT) Transmission.
It has a Telescopic Fork Front Suspension while the Rear Suspension consists of a Twin Sided Swing Arm. The Scarabeo 500 I.E. has Front Dual Disc Brakes and Rear Disc Brakes. The Scarabeo 500 I.E. weighs 416.7 lbs. and has -50014- inches of ground clearance.
The Scarabeo 500 I.E. was introduced in -10019- and is New for 2007. It includes a 24 month Limited warranty.
MSRP: $6,299 Monthly Payment*: $105
WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW
I have about 4,000 miles on my 2007 Scarabeo 500ie. I take it to work (30 miles each way) just about every nice day in the summer.
First - It's a wonderful looking bike. You get plenty of stares and questions.
Second - The bike has plenty of speed. Keeping up with "any" traffic will not be a problem if you are brave enough.
Third - There are a lot of rattles and vibration with this bike. There is a fuel line recall that needs to be done to properly enjoy the bike. The seat isn't real comfortable on a long ride, and it does sit tall, meaning it's hard to have both feet flat on the ground at a stop.
I'm writing a review on a scooter, not a motorcycle. Sometimes that's hard to believe when riding this scooter. This bike has plenty of get up and is really in its peak performance area between 50 and 70 mph. It will corner like a sportbike and it has plenty of underseat storage with teh option for a topcase.
It will top out at just over 100mph. yet gets 58 mpg. touring could get difficult with only medium wind protection and though big, the seat tend to get uncomfortable at about 200 miles. If you ride this bike you'd better be tall. The seat hieght is higher than most motorcycles sometimes leaving you to wait on one foot at a light.
Finally, the materials used on the bike are good, light wieght materials. Though you can tell care has been taken to design a tight interlocking package, there are tons of rattles and buzzes where plastic rub with engine vibration.
Would i trade this for another scooter? No way. It's fast, good looking, great on gas, and a perfect package for fun and practicality in town. Does it leave you wanting more? Sometimes, but you would be hard pressed to find more for the price.
Common Questions About the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.
- How big is the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.'s engine?
- How much is the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- Has the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E. won any awards?
- Does the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E. get good gas mileage?
- How big is the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- How much does the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E. weigh?
- How fast is the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- What is the cheapest price for a 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- What is the dealer cost/invoice price for a 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- Where can I find a Aprilia dealer in my area?
- What models compete with the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- Where can I view classifieds and search for a used Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- What makes the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E. different from its competitors?
- Where can I find parts and accessories for the Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- Where can I find 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E. videos?
- What are the current incentives, sales, or promotions for the 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E.?
- How do I view a Aprilia Scarabeo 500 I.E. brochure?